My Mum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thanks Jeff.

I am trying Bio,today i just felt so tired and emotionally drained,i cried myself to sleep last night,the sound of mum screaming just wouldn't leave me.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
One day at a time Janie. So much to deal with. And then the emotions and gut-wrench involved. Can they ease her pain a bit to make her a little more comfortable? Some hard decisions ahead of you which road to take for her improvement and recovery. I don't envy you. Might help you see the decision more clearly to write down all the pros and cons of the surgeries, of her life now and how it may be. Sending prayers and thoughts your way!

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thankyou Debbi,one day at a time is the only way to deal with this to be honest.We have weighed up the pros and cons and are trying to be positive about what may happen.I think she has to get through the operation first then just see how she progresses.She may suprise us all and be mobile,we just don't know yet.
I'm feeling alot better tonight,mum was so comfortable looking today,she was in no pain and she was smiling and quite cheery.She has been catheterized now which has to be better for her.I just feel more settled knowing she is comfortable and settled too.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
That's a little better at least janey, I'll still keep you and your mother and sister in my prayers....

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
So happy to hear your mom had a good day and is more confortable, and thus a better day for you and the rest of the family! I hope today is a better one too!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Oh Janey, I'm so sorry to hear your family is having such a hard time. It seems like you're doing as much as you can in the situation. Just remember that if you stay positive, it'll be easier to keep your mom in that mind frame. My thoughts go out to you and your family, and I truly hope this works out in the best possible way.

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thankyou Steve,Debbi and Ricky :)
Today mum was very calm and comfortable and in no pain,she was drifting in and out of sleep.When i got there she greeted me by saying "hello my darling" with a smile.I feel so much more at ease now,knowing she's not distressed.I asked her if she wanted some chocolate,she replied "ohhh yes please" she loves chocolate :).I'm much more positive now,i think the distress made it hard to see anything clearly.
Sunday is Mothers Day in the UK,we thought it would be nice to all go and see her together,so tomorrow she will have her 5 children all round her,which will be nice for her and us.

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Sunday was Mothers Day and all 5 of us went to see mum,she was confused but still calm.We bought some cream cakes,when we showed the cakes to mum she said loudly"wooohooo",it was a very funny reaction.Then we opened a box of chocolates,she was eating them and enjoying them,i went to reach into the box to get a chocolate when she slapped my hand and said "go away"LOL it was so funny.She then pulled them closer to her,she didn't want to share.She made us all laugh.As we all stood round the bed she looked at us and said"all my children,it was so nice.

Tonight was so different,me and my sister went to visit mum,she was asleep when we got there,we just watched her for a while before we said hello.I said to my sister,she looks like our mum,her face was lovely.All the tension and distress had disappeared from her face,she looked amazing.She was in a pensive mood,but more aware than she had been since being admitted.We were just shocked to see her like this,i think she has turned a corner.I know infections and antibiotics can make her more confused than normal.When it was time to go,i kissed her and told her i love her,she replied "i love you too,i love you so much,then she told my sister she loved her too,tears streamed down our faces,i hugged her and was crying into her hair,she then said "what's the matter darling?".She was also trying to hug me back with her good arm.We said bye to her,she said "take care darlings" to us and when we waved she waved back to us,she hadn't done that before either.I hope this is a good sign.

They are planning to operate on monday,god willing everything will be fine,i hope.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
What a wonderful post to read Jane! I can only imagine the thrill you felt on Sunday! Will be thinking about our mom and you and the family on Monday and waiting for good news! Sending hugs!!!

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Mum had surgery on Monday,everything went well,the dr is very happy with how it went.They reset her wrist and put wires in it.They didn't replace the whole hip,just the stem,which is great news.Mum was in a terrible state on Tuesday,in alot of pain,not responding to us at all,it wasn't nice to see.Her blood count was very low so they gave her a transfusion.Today the blood count still isn't how they want it to be,hopefully it will come right.I visited her today and she was very calm and comfortable,she barely opened her eyes but she knew i was there,she said "hello" with a smile and touched my face too.I understand when they move her she screams terribly,i'm sure that will improve as the days pass.Thankyou to everyone who has took interest in what's been happening,for all the love,prayers and thoughts,i am truly grateful :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store