New member with a 10G.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
So... I am not gonna read all of that... lol just non-sense...

But, how has the tank come along?

What you been getting/doing water tests?

Is it even cycled?

jacob9799

AC Members
Oct 30, 2011
its getting there. started cycling a few days ago. seeing some progress. not seeing any big changes. just waiting on nature to kick in.

MrPillow

AC Members
Sep 8, 2011
Be prepared for it to take a few weeks bare minimum for the cycle to complete! It sucks looking at an empty tank, but it's alot better than looking at a tank full of fish dying from toxic water. 84 is a bit high for most tropical species, but if that is what you have to work with then set your heater to keep it STABLE at 84 degrees.

jacob9799

AC Members
Oct 30, 2011
seeing a major rise in nitrites last night and this morning. so everything is working. still have ammonia, but were making visible progress :D

and 84 is abnormally warm. the usual is 78-82, but with trailers, the temp can fluctuate a good bit during the day... but the tank is slower to change

and since ive shared it with every one in person.... I MADE A 29 ON THE ACT!!!! free college here i come!!!

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
seeing a major rise in nitrites last night and this morning. so everything is working. still have ammonia, but were making visible progress :D

and 84 is abnormally warm. the usual is 78-82, but with trailers, the temp can fluctuate a good bit during the day... but the tank is slower to change

and since ive shared it with every one in person.... I MADE A 29 ON THE ACT!!!! free college here i come!!!
Yay for the cycle moving on!! And AWESOME on the ACT!! Congrats! You must of worked your butt off!!! :D

jacob9799

AC Members
Oct 30, 2011
Yay for the cycle moving on!! And AWESOME on the ACT!! Congrats! You must of worked your butt off!!! :D
checked a few hours ago. Nitrites UP, Nitrates UP, Ammonia DOWN!! as a matter of fact, down to half what it was last night. :DDDDDDD im getting excited...

but i still cant decide what fish i want to get.

also, there is a HUGE change in my lilys since nitrites went up :))

jacob9799

AC Members
Oct 30, 2011
2011-11-08_23-34-51_73.jpg

okay every one, here is a pic from last night(nothing has changed since.) im really wanting some plants!! i have lily bulbs growing, but i really want some time of "carpet" plant... like some kind of moss in a couple places through out... would java moss work?

also, what are some good short plants that i could use... like, nothing taller than 4-6"?

thanks!!!

2011-11-08_23-34-51_73.jpg

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
id do java moss in the pots and pygmy chain sword in the front, rotala in the back, and anubius tied to the top of the pots and any rocks or dw you add

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
+1^

anubias barteri or nana to be speciific

jacob9799

AC Members
Oct 30, 2011
tested the water a while ago. no ammonium, nitrItes off the charts, nitrAtes were like 120+ i think. Im gonna see what its like in 12 hours and then ill test again and test, then dose back up to 4 ppm ammonia. I think my tank is getting close to a ful cycle :)

also, my sunk lily bulb has a nice 1 inch sprout, and 2 little twigs off that. It started growing sunday ish :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store