ok now i need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
:help:
i found what is wrong with my anemone after hours of looking i finally found a pic that is them
Zoanthid Eating Spider

now what do i do ??????????
gee this so sucks bigtime, they are so small no wounder why i missed them

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
OMG i just fished off about a dozen from the anemone and my guess is their are hundreds on it .
Can we basically say my tank is finished , omg they must be everywhere.
boy this sucks

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
ok should i FW dip everything ,get new sand ?
When i FW dip will they fall off ?
I saw things all over my tank last week and didnt think anything of it , in hindsight it was them ,so i know they are all over my tank .
Can feather dusters survive FW dip ?

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
oh eww eww ewww! Those are horrid little things, I'm going to have nightmares now! :22_yikes:

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
TY for the url ,... im gonna try my hand chemical free ,untill i get fed up lol
Gonna pick through every inch with a fine comb untill i kill each and everyone of them buggers.
At least i can try and bring some relief to the anemone , i sure hope no spiders have entered the anemone and eating from inside out .
I wont FW dip the anemone tonight i will rubbermaid it and sit at the desk and pick and pick till i see no more.
WPITA.
but it is a good learning experiance ,we have no choice but to look at it this way lol
dont worrie i will save what i pick off and get a pic posted

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
ok i have just done hours of reading ,havent had much sleep ..........
I have made my decision ,to frag as much of my coral as i can ,and im going to boil the LR that any corals are on then scrub for reuse ,it wont take long for it to become live again im sure .
I just need to find out if the spiders can survive on the LR alone , if they eat any other foods .
I got good deals on all my corals so i wont be loosing much$ yet .
i added some yellow cloves yesterday and they are now out,if i can save the anemone ,suncoral, mushrooms ,and all my cloves ,as well as the feather dusters ,i will be verry happy but loss more then 60% of my corals and boil 20% of LR .
I have a suspision when i baught that rock used i baught the spiders too.

I have just stressed out the anemone big time picking at him , but he left his mouth open and i got the bugger off his mouth ...i must add tho the picking i did since noticing them he does look better (i got about 40) some arms are starting to inflate!!!!!!!!!!

Best to cut some loss now then loose everything later and i am pleased with my decision .
will need fraging tips lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store