Petco 1$ per gallon sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
two 40g breeders coming my way!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I just called my petco. If you go there during the sale and they don't have the tank you want they will give you a rain check and honor the sale price when the tank comes in

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
I just called my petco. If you go there during the sale and they don't have the tank you want they will give you a rain check and honor the sale price when the tank comes in

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app
Geeze, I should have asked about this. Store opened at 10 am, I was there at 10:05 with no 40 breeders in sight. In fact there weren't that many tanks at all. So either a huge gang bought up all the tanks in 5 minutes, or this petco just decided not to stock many. I did ask and confirmed that the sale does start today, however.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
This is likely to be a store by store case. The sale is not for one specific item so they won't be required to give rain checks on a specific item, such as if they didn't have a 40b to begin they won't be required to give you a rain check for a 40b. Now if they had no tanks at all the store they would have to issue a rain check as it would have been false advertising.

Other stores may do it for good customer service. But talking to an employee at Petco last week, I had asked what if I couldn't get there on the first day and they sold out of a tank I wanted, he said it's unlikely they will issue a rain check.

serion

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
Indiana
I picked up a 55 and a 20H. I had to go to two Petco's though. First one didn't carry any 55G tanks. They had probably 20 40B's though.

808fishy

Registered Member
Jun 24, 2012
dang, Im in hawaii and apparently this sale does not apply here. Any ideas on how to get around this? I'd really like to get a 55g to start a salt water tank. Thanks!

Michael 5000

Registered Member
Jun 24, 2012
i've been visting this site for about two weeks, looking for info on the Petco $ 1.00 a gallon tank sale and i want to say thank you to all the ladies and gentlemen who posted something here about it, thanks to you'll i got a 40g breeder this morning, actually they sold 4 of them in five minutes, but i was the second in the door so i got what i wanted. but without your help, i wouldn't have known about it , or been able to be there at the second one in the door. so i've registered and now will visit the site often to learn about proper equipment and how to have healthy fish. thanks again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store