Petco 1$ per gallon sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SoapDoctor

AC Members
Jun 11, 2012
I assume that shortly after the $1 sale craigslist probably has an abundance of aquariums available for cheap?

SoapDoctor

AC Members
Jun 11, 2012
Didn't think about that at all, assumed they would be unloading their old tanks. Around here they seem to ask new price for used aquariums on craigslist...maybe I should do similar. Sadly I don't have anywhere to store them.

SoapDoctor

AC Members
Jun 11, 2012
Bring on the sale, I need to get into this hobby. I apologize for any future fish slaughters that might come from my owning a tank.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Bring on the sale, I need to get into this hobby. I apologize for any future fish slaughters that might come from my owning a tank.
Well since it doesnt start until tomorrow at the earliest, read up about common mistakes (stocking immediately, stocking too much, stocking too much too soon etc, cycling the tank etc). While your first time likely wont go flawlessly it sure can be alot easier! Consider getting a larger tank to start with rather than just a 10 or so, think about a 29 or even 40b to give you a little leniency and support your hobby MUCH longer than if you pick up the standard 10g. (Also its "cheaper" to get something other than a 10g at this sale since you can get 10g kits anytime for around $25).

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Just called the store that is near the hotel i am staying at in fl and the person was no help at all. No wonder it was given 1 star on the yp site i found the info on. I will be heading home on monday so i will be home at some point during the sale. If they dont have the size i want i can get a rain check according to the manager. Or another nearby store might have it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Just called the store that is near the hotel i am staying at in fl and the person was no help at all. No wonder it was given 1 star on the yp site i found the info on. I will be heading home on monday so i will be home at some point during the sale. If they dont have the size i want i can get a rain check according to the manager. Or another nearby store might have it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Best of luck nerdy. I'm sure it will work out

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SoapDoctor

AC Members
Jun 11, 2012
Well since it doesnt start until tomorrow at the earliest, read up about common mistakes (stocking immediately, stocking too much, stocking too much too soon etc, cycling the tank etc). While your first time likely wont go flawlessly it sure can be alot easier! Consider getting a larger tank to start with rather than just a 10 or so, think about a 29 or even 40b to give you a little leniency and support your hobby MUCH longer than if you pick up the standard 10g. (Also its "cheaper" to get something other than a 10g at this sale since you can get 10g kits anytime for around $25).
Thanks for the heads up. I've been reading up for a few weeks now. I know it won't be flawless but I've got a basic idea of what I'm doing. Well at least more than the average person that wanders in and buys a tank and fish.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I just got back from summer camp, I'm glad it didn't happen when I was gone, I need a 20 gallon sump.

Tomorrow I will try to convince my parents to bring me to petco

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store