Planted 90 Gallon Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Looks great! I like the background color & I didn't used to like blue, of course it'll depend on the fish coloration. Can't wait for to see some fish in there.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well I ran into some technical difficulties. I couldn't maintain water temps in the 79-82 degrees with a 400w heater since the tank is in the basement. Never made it past 72 and I don't want to fight the conditions due to already running multiple tanks. Adding insult to injury I think my 404 bit the dust too.

Plants are still doing well though I've been debating going with cold water fish. Is there a selection or am I limited to anything goldfish?

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
Goldfish, least kilies, rosy reds, weather loaches, garra pingi pingi, some pleco's, white clouds, some tetras (bloodfin, buenos aires, etc.), Hill stream loaches, flagfish, sunfish, guppies (mostly female offspring though), paradise fish, and the list goes on.

Once you do some research there are tons of options for an cool water tank.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well I wanted to update the thread with pics becuase it had been a while and wouldn't you know it the more I look at the picture the more I found things I wanted to change :wall:

So I didn't have time to stage anything and took the picture as is and this is what my 90 gallon looks like today as of right now...LOL Primary inhabitants are 6 Angels, 12 Congos, 1 6" Spotted Raphael cat fish (which is a nightmare in a planted tank, 3 Yoyo loaches, 1 5" SAE, 1 baby BN pleco and 1 clown pleco.

No Co2, Glo 2x54, 110 Aquaclear, 400W heater and sponge filter

The left side is set the plants on the right are temporary until I can get them back in my 120 gallon which getting cleaned up from BBA out break

fastlight81

AC Members
May 22, 2010
tank looks great! love the angels

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
Wow! Looks great. Love the congos :)

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Thank all for the kind replies.
:woot:

Where did you get the blue sand, very nice!
Lillyan from my understanding 3M has discontinue the product but it came in different colors and some distributors still had it in stock as was the case with the one I found from a company called Agsco here in NJ. There's nother company that now has the line but the name escapes me.

3M's website with grades and available colors
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ucts/Crystals/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store