Planted 90 Gallon Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DougsGraphics

Returning hobbyist
Dec 10, 2011
New Mexico
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Doug
Great sequence of posts. I'm coming back off a many year sabatical from aquariums (since my last home move). I'm in the planning stages for a stellar 185 planted and I'm pouring over all the great posts for tidbits. Great looking tank!

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
WOW you moved to Cali good for you!

I got lucky only about a third of it I grew out myself but it was much smaller a yr ago. I have the collector bug so this tank goes against my instinct but if I had nothing else in the tank I think most will consider it heavily planted. =)
Just for school...I'm sure I will return to the east coast when done. I do miss having all my tanks through...had to take them all down before I left. :( Yours all look amazing as usual though! I'm setting up a 29 gallon and trying to avoid the collector bug to get a more cohesive look...have to see if I can resist haha

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Great sequence of posts. I'm coming back off a many year sabatical from aquariums (since my last home move). I'm in the planning stages for a stellar 185 planted and I'm pouring over all the great posts for tidbits. Great looking tank!
There are so many possibilities it can make your head spin. I hope to catch your thread see what you decide. There is a lot of great information and good advice but results may vary not to mention I haven't seen a rule that hasn't been debated. Consider them more guidelines, on a scale, on a curve, depending on the study group who responds to the survey...LOL

Good Luck.

Just for school...I'm sure I will return to the east coast when done. I do miss having all my tanks through...had to take them all down before I left. :( Yours all look amazing as usual though! I'm setting up a 29 gallon and trying to avoid the collector bug to get a more cohesive look...have to see if I can resist haha
For me it is like David Baner's internal struggle with the incredible Hulk you never know which plant is going to put you over the top...LOL My only solution was to have multiple tanks although I've gotten better at resisting.

DougsGraphics

Returning hobbyist
Dec 10, 2011
New Mexico
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Doug
There are so many possibilities it can make your head spin. I hope to catch your thread see what you decide. There is a lot of great information and good advice but results may vary not to mention I haven't seen a rule that hasn't been debated. Consider them more guidelines, on a scale, on a curve, depending on the study group who responds to the survey...LOL

Good Luck.
When I was last deep into the hobby, there were not so many Internet resources as the Internet was just coming of age, and I was stuck with what I could get locally, which wasn't much. But I made due with tons of DIY. (Being a chemist helps.) My pride and joy was my planted 30gal stocked with a variety of rainbows:
aquarium by Doug's Graphics, on Flickr

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
wow! so jealous! ur tank looks amazing!:)

i bet that anubias totals over $500.............damm

nice!:D

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
I love the combination of congo tetras and black angels. Have some myself actually. The stark contrast between the iridescence of the congo's and the angels with the green plant black drop looks great. Nice tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store