Planted 90 Gallon Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
That wood is totally epic. Love the contrast of the black angels against the rainbow of the congo tetras...

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
I know they stopped selling it, but I was hoping there was a place near by or online still having some left..

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Love it, except the sponge filter LOL. I see you changed the background, I liked the blue though. Did the congos not look good with it?
Fishorama the background is still blue but I think it looks darker because the water is yellow from the driftwood leaching and lighting.

That wood is totally epic. Love the contrast of the black angels against the rainbow of the congo tetras...
Thank you. I love the combination as well. I've been limiting the species of my fish in my multiple tanks and I find that it gives me a more satisfying feeling of having a habitat for each of them instead of having one tank run into the next.

I know they stopped selling it, but I was hoping there was a place near by or online still having some left..
Estes "perma color quartz" is the product that replaced it. I don't know if anyone has used it in their aquariums. I contacted Estes and their sales claimed it wasn't aquarium safe and wanted to push their aquarium gravel instead. (was a bite suspicious they'd given me a hard time about using pool filter sand in the aquarium as well.)

I don't know if they ship but you can try contacting http://www.agsco.com/ don't know what colors the have left if you are looking for something specific.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
wow, just read through the whole thread, i love the simplicity of the tank and the blue sand goes great with contrasting colors of the fish and plants! awesome job!:thumbsup:

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well I'm starting over with this tank scaping wise we'll have to see if the few plants I have left do well in here or not.

The fake log on the left is for a spotted raphael that is about 7" long.

We'll see how this goes but this is the FTS....

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
It's been almost a year and this is what the tank looks like today. I'm think it may get redone before the end since I plan on moving my tanks around. Original I was going to give saltwater a go with this tank but I don't have the heart to break it down. I've lurking craigslist for a 4 foot 120g but even if I find it I'm not sure how I'm going to break it to the wife if I find one.

PicturesT1i_0115.JPG

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
I want to fly back to NJ and steal your anubias. Even from CA I bet it would still be cheaper than buying all that individually. :p:

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Send it to me! I'm starting over after a coast to coast move & your anibias looks so awesome!
This tank is tank is low maintenance and the interesting activity of the fish is awesome. The Angels automatically find me and greet me at the glass, the Congos are colorful and fast. It was suppose the tank for my home office in the basement but I never got around to it.

I want to fly back to NJ and steal your anubias. Even from CA I bet it would still be cheaper than buying all that individually. :p:
WOW you moved to Cali good for you!

I got lucky only about a third of it I grew out myself but it was much smaller a yr ago. I have the collector bug so this tank goes against my instinct but if I had nothing else in the tank I think most will consider it heavily planted. =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store