Post your FOWLR tank pics here!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks. He rules the tank. ;)
I almost hate to add more fish but I'll probably add a couple of Percula Clowns, a Blackcap Basslet and maybe a couple more Chromis and call it done. I really want a pair or trio of Bannerfish. Though, I'm not sure if they'd be happy in a 75g.

superlynx

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
San Francisco Peninsula
Please keep me inform of the Totoka, Looks good. Where did you get yours and would to keep seeing them progress.

I just want to share pics of some of the coolest live rock I've ever seen. It's called totoka - seems it's not so well known just yet but by the looks of this stuff I can't see why it's not going to be pretty popular.

I bought some standard Fiji for the bottom. These are pictures of them just tossed into a 29g tank to cure - not aquascaped....nothing to critique or what not. Just enjoy the natural beauty of these awesome rocks. :)

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/echoofformless/Totoka/

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
A combo of HO T5 (Nova Extreme) and NO Fluorescent(double strip light).
The HO T5 = (URI) UVL Super Actinic 420nm + UVL 14,000K w/ individual reflectors. (55W each)
NO Fluorescent = UVL Super Actinic 420 nm + UVL 10,000K (40W each)

LR seems to really like this lighting setup. When I go reef, I'll add more HO T5s to the mix.

The LR is a combo of Tonga, Lalo and Premium Fiji. Got it from LiveAquaria.

Oh, thought I'd mention, I saw the best growth and coloration in the rock since switching over to Oceanic sea salt 6 months ago.
Thats interesting about switching the salt.

Someday... I should really start trying to learn about lighting because I have no idea what you said but it sounds confusing so I'm sure its good lighting! lol

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
Please keep me inform of the Totoka, Looks good. Where did you get yours and would to keep seeing them progress.

I bought mine at The Hidden Reef outside of Philadelphia.

So far a bit of hair algae and the sighting of one aiptasia have been the only issues during the cure. Two weeks in my ammonia and nitrite are gone, so I added hermits and peppermint shrimp after a water change. Pics will be coming again soon after I get everything properly aquascaped.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
That white stuff growing under your rock is sponge.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I kind of figured that...any idea of what kind?

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
great looking tank slappy......how long has it been up?

be glad when mine grows more than algea.....lol.....

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks. It's been up for a little more than a year...and this tank has seen more than it's share of algae.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store