Post your FOWLR tank pics here!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
That's what I thought... I hope they didn't kill the corals to make that.

Molgen

Registered Member
Apr 7, 2008
well here my first sw tank.... a few pics just got all the rock in it earlier this week...

just a few pictures of the new set up....

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks, Salty. All it takes is some good lighting and introducing different kinds of macro algae to the tank over time. They have a tendency to continue to 'pop' up from time to time even after disappearing for awhile. I'm still finding new things growing in this tank since posting those pics. Many of which I've never seen before. It's pretty amazing that some of these life forms remained dormant on the LR up until now.

Here are a few more pics if anyone is interested.

Fullshot.jpg

100_3542.jpg

100_3543.jpg

100_3544.jpg

Here's one of my C.Chip Star...I thought it was rather funny that my Flame Angel followed me around the tank and poked his head out from the rock to see what I was doing. Curious little bugger.

star.jpg

I haven't identified this thing. (Whitish growth hanging from under the rock) It has continued to grow in size.
unidentified.jpg

Fullshot.jpg 100_3542.jpg 100_3543.jpg 100_3544.jpg star.jpg unidentified.jpg

Last edited:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
A combo of HO T5 (Nova Extreme) and NO Fluorescent(double strip light).
The HO T5 = (URI) UVL Super Actinic 420nm + UVL 14,000K w/ individual reflectors. (55W each)
NO Fluorescent = UVL Super Actinic 420 nm + UVL 10,000K (40W each)

LR seems to really like this lighting setup. When I go reef, I'll add more HO T5s to the mix.

The LR is a combo of Tonga, Lalo and Premium Fiji. Got it from LiveAquaria.

Oh, thought I'd mention, I saw the best growth and coloration in the rock since switching over to Oceanic sea salt 6 months ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store