Setup for Corydoras Eques (species only)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I found a source for eques so i hope to get some in a couple of weeks when it is warm enough to ship them. I hope they are as out going as yours; cause my sterbai after 3 years still scatter if i even glance in their direction.

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I found a source for eques so i hope to get some in a couple of weeks when it is warm enough to ship them. I hope they are as out going as yours; cause my sterbai after 3 years still scatter if i even glance in their direction.
I know someone else recently picked some up after seeing mine and have found them to be just as outgoing, despite being wild caught too.

Yeah my sterbs can be timid too, but theyre cute cories anyways haha

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
In the middle of setting up a little something
20220221_163217.jpg
20220221_191825.jpg

Pardon the clutter, things are all over the place right now having to move this in.

Not filling it all the way, doing a paludarium with some emersed plants growing up top too.

Moved the fry setups into the stand
20220221_182305.jpg
20220221_182247.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Oooh, I can't wait to see more! Is it a 90g? What kind of wood is that? Do you know? I'm excited for you!!
It's a 55 gallon, but does look quite large, doesn't it? But measured to be sure.

Wood is maple, either Norway or sugar maple. Branch had been down since last summer's tornado tore it down. So I went and took some parts of it since no one wants to clean it up lol

A local's brother was tossing the tank, so the local went and got it, asked if I wanted it. So was unexpected but hey.

But of course, guess what part it's missing?
The centerbrace. Someone has it out for me with those centerbraces on 55s it seems.
Oh well. Gonna fill it to 1/2 or 2/3 full anyways.
But the rest has to wait for silicone to dry, holding those branches up with silicone lol

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't "think" the lack of a center brace will be much of a problem for a paludarium...but what do I know? I've never done 1. But I'd love to know more. You need to start a new thread for this tank. I know it'll be your usual pretty tank & happy animals & plants!.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I don't "think" the lack of a center brace will be much of a problem for a paludarium...but what do I know? I've never done 1. But I'd love to know more. You need to start a new thread for this tank. I know it'll be your usual pretty tank & happy animals & plants!.
WELL.

It's for the corydoras eques.

I am transferring them over from the scratched up little 20 to this new one! It's an upgrade ? everything in this 20 gallon from this thread is being put into the new 55. And that scratched 20 is hitting the curb (well not really but I'm gonna put it up for free in an ad)

Well I was on the fence whether I was gonna fill it all the way or not but then got it saw it didn't have the centerbrace and I dont trust it to not bow and shatter eventually so won't chance that. Could have made a new brace like the other 55 I've got, but figured that decided it for me. I won't need the brace for a paludarium.

Wait, did you ask about the kind of wood the stand was made of or the branches in the tank??? Just dawned on me haha.

Unsure on what kind of wood the stand is, it was hand made apparently. Heavy as all heck though. Very very sturdy. Inspected that as well, really well made.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
LOL, you got me NC! Even though I say it's a different eques tank now...& I'm sticking to that idea.

You may have guessed I don't care about your stand & what it's made of as long as it supports your tank or paludarium :D I was asking (as you know, ha!) what are the branches? Maple is good as far as I know but yours don't look too waterlogged yet...I know, it a process...

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
LOL, you got me NC! Even though I say it's a different eques tank now...& I'm sticking to that idea.

You may have guessed I don't care about your stand & what it's made of as long as it supports your tank or paludarium :D I was asking (as you know, ha!) what are the branches? Maple is good as far as I know but yours don't look too waterlogged yet...I know, it a process...
Lol no, they're bone dry! No water in the tank just yet.

But they won't float on me, I anchor them. Plan to use fishing line and suction cups for the bottom piece before I put the sand in.

But you know what, perhaps I should start a new thread for it.

Leave this one where its at as concluded I suppose haha

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, until it has water & eques...it's just an empty tank with a future to me. Continue on or start anew, it's up to you ;) I'll follow your corys wherever they go, such cool fish! LOL, I'm sure they'll love the new tank when it's ready

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store