Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Holy Cow! How long is that tank?!?! WOW! I'd cover those windows just to keep algae at bay.

I've totally lost my mind over your tank. I can't remember what the topic was. I'd want a bunch of clown loaches & some bigger barbs (drape fin? mascara?) in there. Big wood pieces?

So what's your plan again? I know you said after you moved but golly!

What's the substrate? I like the black. Is it sand or what?

I need to catch my breath...
The window treatments are coming but haven't been installed yet - i think another 4 weeks for those; for that aquarium i was planning on:
10 clown loaches 20 zebra loaches 5 yoyo loaches
4 chocolate - reduced to 2 when sexed
maybe 1 flagtail prochilodus
4-6 laeracara speices (probalby curviceps or aguaria)
8 krobia xinguensis
some random pleco
maybe 10-20 hemiodus gracilis
target temp 78 target tds 70-90 (i can control the tds from 0 to 130)
maybe 30 serpae (not a good idea iwth the chocolate)
maybe 10-15 anostums (if i can find them affordable)
--
the substrate is stoney river estes - it is very similar to bbs; but supposedly aquairum safe. I used it for 5 years on a 29 and it never had any problems with bad bacteria like some of the cariba sea even though i have it extremely deep.
-
The 8x4 on the other side of the room - will be pictured next week. Here are updates on my 10g; while a lot smaller than the 10x4 is currently my favorite aquarium (1st picture is from the side looking long ways the 2nd is from front)

10_side.jpg10_front.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I love your jungley little tank too!

8 feet is fabulous! But the pic angle made it look even longer. I want step by step pics all along the way!

I'm a tiny bit worried about all your cichlids that like slower flow & clowns that like it more brisk. Plus laetacaras are so much smaller than many of your cichlids...But my fingers are crossed that it all works out...or maybe this is including stocking your other soon to be 8ft tank? Really this is on a so much larger scale than I can really grasp!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I love your jungley little tank too!

8 feet is fabulous! But the pic angle made it look even longer. I want step by step pics all along the way!

I'm a tiny bit worried about all your cichlids that like slower flow & clowns that like it more brisk. Plus laetacaras are so much smaller than many of your cichlids...But my fingers are crossed that it all works out...or maybe this is including stocking your other soon to be 8ft tank? Really this is on a so much larger scale than I can really grasp!
The pictured tank is 10 feet the 8 foot one is on the other side of the room. Your concern on current is legit; my hope is to get most of the current in the back 2 feet so the front 2 feet is more calm - i also want to adjust it right to left so more of the current flows along the back giving the clown loaches a long current to surf into. I gotten some additional loc-line extension and splitters for the outflow control but it will take a lot of adjustments.

The 8 footer will get geo and my 7 festums along with some other stuff - i have a planned stocking but right now i'm focused on the 10 foot one. I need to get my aggressive platinum angel out of the 120 so it will be the first fish into the 10 footer to help with cycling. On the one hand it can be a bit harsh to put a fish in an uncycle tank on the other it will have 550 gallons to itself. I will add two mature sponge filters when i add the angel.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I recognize that picture from another site's contest ;) They look better here. 🙃

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Oh they're new to me plecos! But both are very handsome!! I need some time to think about your tank...
If you have a comment on the stocking that can be useful it will need to be very soon. The pleco been around for years and years - the ones I have are sold as Wabenmuster; there is another 'new' pleco known as 519 but i'm not sure if it is related.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Do you think the clown loaches would be upset if i added a black ghost knife fish or 2 ?

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The window treatments are coming but haven't been installed yet - i think another 4 weeks for those; for that aquarium i was planning on:
10 clown loaches 20 zebra loaches 5 yoyo loaches
4 chocolate - reduced to 2 when sexed
maybe 1 flagtail prochilodus
4-6 laeracara speices (probalby curviceps or aguaria)
8 krobia xinguensis
some random pleco
maybe 10-20 hemiodus gracilis
target temp 78 target tds 70-90 (i can control the tds from 0 to 130)
maybe 30 serpae (not a good idea iwth the chocolate)
maybe 10-15 anostums (if i can find them affordable)
--
the substrate is stoney river estes - it is very similar to bbs; but supposedly aquairum safe. I used it for 5 years on a 29 and it never had any problems with bad bacteria like some of the cariba sea even though i have it extremely deep.
-
The 8x4 on the other side of the room - will be pictured next week. Here are updates on my 10g; while a lot smaller than the 10x4 is currently my favorite aquarium (1st picture is from the side looking long ways the 2nd is from front)

View attachment 232151View attachment 232152
Very nice view!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store