Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Pretty pleco! He's worth keeping supplied with incredible shrinking wood every couple years. Is he still so out & about during "lights on"?
Well he turned into your typical 'he' pleco and avoids me as much as possible. I know where he hangs out so i can always find him but he is extremely skittish. I have some female L208 in another aquarium and they are a bit more bold.
-
This is hide out #1 right up front; as long as his eyes are covered he is 'safe'. He is very stressed right now since i did water change this morning; and despite doing 2 a week for the past 2+ years it still stress him:

zzz.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dudley

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Even I could see his tail sticking out of the cholla cave, but thanks for the circling, lol. I love it that plecos can have just their eyes hidden & the other 85% of them is showing, like the fish version on ostriches.

Your stebai cory doesn't seem too shy but maybe he could tell he wasn't the focus fish. My aeneus corys would be more shy if the females weren't so fat they can't swim away very fast. The 1 fry survivor is not at all shy, that's how I can tell which male he is. I think he's sending me Vulcan mind meld food thoughts (worms or pellets now!! but maybe with a flirty wink in case that works better...it might :D )

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Even I could see his tail sticking out of the cholla cave, but thanks for the circling, lol. I love it that plecos can have just their eyes hidden & the other 85% of them is showing, like the fish version on ostriches.

Your stebai cory doesn't seem too shy but maybe he could tell he wasn't the focus fish. My aeneus corys would be more shy if the females weren't so fat they can't swim away very fast. The 1 fry survivor is not at all shy, that's how I can tell which male he is. I think he's sending me Vulcan mind meld food thoughts (worms or pellets now!! but maybe with a flirty wink in case that works better...it might :D )
I had an L333 that was like that - would have his face in a coconut shell and 90% of his body out side the shell ('cept at night when he would fully crawl in; problem wasn't size - just a behavior thing i guess).

The sterbai were super shy for about 2 1/2 years but when enough floating stuff grew to block a lot of the light that calmed them down; they really do better if a part of the aquarium is well shaded. Odd thing is they will now spend a lot of time on the 'sunny' side rather than hang out in the shade - i guess the knowing there is a darker area makes them feel safer.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
LOL, my L333? was nocturnal. I only saw his? (probably) tail during lights on. Such a pretty pleco! I wish I would have gotten more but their ID was lesser, maybe called a "scribble plec". It took lots of research to guess close on ID...not a L333...etc...but not a winker either, lol.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Here is an old picture of my L333 (I no longer have him as i gave him away a few months ago knowing that he wouldn't fit in the aquarium after i move):
shy.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Nice & jungly, my favorite style!

My ?L-333 was along time ago, with different lighting, maybe less yellow? Creamy white-ish?. I just don't remember well anymore. I don't think my pleco would have "settled" for a little moss/algae eye shade. Full head in a cave of invisibility, that was my pleco.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store