SUNSUN HW-302 Outside Filter setup & test

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Customer service update on the vendor that sold me the $43 SunSun canister. Something I held off mentioning in my earlier test assessment becasue I wanted to give the vendor a chance to take action.

When I originally assembled the canister I noticed that 1 of the 3 basket tubes, the tube that brings incoming water to the bottom of the canister had a hole in it due to a bad casting, in other words a deformity that allowed water to bypass. This isn't something that you would have to look for carefully becasue it stood right out.

I contacted the vendor the day before New Years and he responded bad very pleasantly and offered to send out the part that following Monday without question, and he did becasue I received it today USPS and it just perfect like the other two now. I am very pleased with there CS response, treatment, and action.

So I can officially say that this vendor also stands behind any defects and can sell any spare parts needed. Oh and the part probubly actually arrived 2 days ago becasue I only check my mail at the community mail lock-boxes every 3 days.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
I wonder if we have the same vendor because one of mine had the same problem but in the uplift tube and they sent me not only the whole part but entire new uplift and out put sections.

I too was very pleased.

I also had a bad cast on a Marineland and their customer service responded in kind, better than a couple of others I had to deal with.
So I give the Sunsun dealer and Marineland 5 stars in CS.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I wonder if we have the same vendor because one of mine had the same problem but in the uplift tube and they sent me not only the whole part but entire new uplift and out put sections.

I too was very pleased.

I also had a bad cast on a Marineland and their customer service responded in kind, better than a couple of others I had to deal with.
So I give the Sunsun dealer and Marineland 5 stars in CS.
I wanted to make a joke and say that being that your talking about the C-series & SunSun you probubly got the same CS guy wearing different hats LOL, but in this case its a vendor.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

deondrec

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
Are the vendors already posted? I would like to buy one from a trusted source for a 29 gallon.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Yesterday the vendor was sold out but when I send him an email thanking him for the CS part service I also asked him is he was going to list more and he said they have been busy but are planning to list more of the 302's and the 304A which is the largest size without the UV sterilizer.

I for got to ask him the pricing but Im hoping he is smart like before and list the super size model at a bargain price as well. If the price is right for the 304 like maybe I may go for it as well. Im planning to install a 80 gallon with just a few fish at my 84 year old mothers house and not have to do water changes but once a month.

Wow I just went on ebay and they (KOOL goods) have the largest model 304A GPH 530 with 4 11.5X11.5 baskets on sale for $78 plus $20 shipping, don't see the smaller 302's.

Last edited:

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
He still has some 302s, none of the titles say anything about sunsun tho. their on like page 7 of the store.
LOL, marketing probubly no wonder I couldn't find them using a word search.

I sent him an email asking about the size of his 304A because the dimensions cant be right in height listed as 11.5 X 11.5 X 29". No way that ting is as tall as my cabinet. The 302 bottom to nozzle tip is only 12", it would have to almost be 3 times taller then the 302. :shakehead:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store