SUNSUN HW-302 Outside Filter setup & test

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
The 303B is 17.5 at the top of the inlet outlet and I know the 304 has one more tray than mine. Supposed to have a bigger motor too so it is possible.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Yes but the top of the inlet of the 302 is only 15", that's a difference of 2.5" between the 302 and 303. how do you go from the 303's 17.5" to 29" which is a difference of 11.5", that cannot be right and I have asked this same question and am waiting for an answer.

I mean if your going to put out $98 you have to get these type misunderstood questions straitened out. Hopefully the answer wont be silence which is much worse the confirmation or correction.

The other reason I want to clear this up is because another vendor (top rated) has the 304B with UV has it listed with different dimensions of 11 X 11 X 18.5" which is a huge discrepancy in hight.So I just want to find out the which is correct and which is a misprint. Not too much to ask.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160390583828&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
See that is where you got us all confusered you said that it was 12" to the bottom of nozzle tip and I was thinking top of nozzles since that is the highest point. So if there was that much difference then I could see the 29". Now that you have cleared up the confusion 18.5" sounds more reasonable, but that has to mean the baskets aren't as deep since it is running 4 compared to 3.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
See that is where you got us all confusered you said that it was 12" to the bottom of nozzle tip and I was thinking top of nozzles since that is the highest point. So if there was that much difference then I could see the 29". Now that you have cleared up the confusion 18.5" sounds more reasonable, but that has to mean the baskets aren't as deep since it is running 4 compared to 3.
Yes my original 12" measurments were with the nozzle assembly removed so actually my original measurement was floor to shoulder, my later measurement was with the 2.5 inch nozzles installed. I did the secound mesurment with the nozzels thinking the discrepancy might be accounted for becasue most manufactures always include the measurement from the tip of the nozzle to the flow for sizing and placement.

So yes my corrected measurement from "nozzle tip to floor is 15". It has now been more then 24 hours since I posed this question and usually receive a fast response, but so far all I hear are crickets in my ebay inbox. Perhaps Ill ask the competitor if his measurements at 18" are nozzle or shoulder tip to floor, and if his 304B is the same physical size as the 304A which is claimed at 29" tall.

OK iI just sent an email to teh competitor asking the same question: "Can you help me Im a little confused, I and some other are interested in the SUNSUN 304 style & size filter, but are trying to get a handle on the actual size as a few of us also have the SUNSUN 302. Your SUNSUN 304B (UV) has listed size dimension height of 18.5 inches, while some competitors have their 304A SUNSUN listed as having a height of 29 inches. The question is can you tell me if your measurements of your 304B are floor to nozzle tip and id the SUNSUN models 304A and 304B are the same hight or different?"

Last edited:

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Well somewhat disappointed but unsurprisingly my emails have gone unanswered and all of the $43 302" have now been pulled from sale (Hmmmm?), at least from what I can see. Well all is fair in the free enterprise system both for the seller and buyer.

As for me this consumer was ready to buy the 304A or B and being a stand-up -guy now plan to spend that disposable money else-ware for reasons I don't have to mention, salavie!

I been planning on the DIY Fluval 404 project in which I plan to turn them into circumference filters where I can use my own bonded pad or the tall hole house pleated filters they sell at Lowes for $18, which are about 3 times longer then the Magnums Carts. I went to Lowes and picked up everything I need a section of 1.25 inch PVC pipe enough for both canisters, a small sheet of 1/4 inch Plexiglas enough for both, and a package of plastic canvas which has about the same thickness and strainer size as the Magnum plastic strainers so rolling them into round strainers with PVC reinforcement should be easy. Total material cost $17, the rest I already have on hand such as neoprene gasket for mating and PVC glue.

As soon as Im finished Ill post the DIY.

Last edited:

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
FYI. I received an email reply long story short is that its actually between 18-19 inches tall from bottom of the canister to nozzle tip depending on who's using the ruler. Also the $43 302's were pulled and will be made available again in 3 weeks. Strange decision IMO considering they were just become popular especially in this economy the price was right.

Oh well one things for certain as long there is Zbay there will always be other great deals, you just have to wait them out.

chetta

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2010
Good day. I just received the HW-302 I ordered for my 150 Gallon. This is my first canister and I can not figure out how to get this setup. I would greatly appreciate anyone who is able to help me out.
I have the canister set up with the hoses correct and attachments in the tank. I filled up the canister with water along with the hoses. I then turn it on and all I get is air bubbles even after a couple pumps.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I also have Skype or AIM if someone would be willing to assist me over that.
Thank you

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Glad we could help.....:hitting:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store