Tarantulas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ew i dont like spiders they creep me out. lol. i went to my friends house and he wanted me to hold his tarantulas and i was like dude get that thing away from me.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
lol thats a good idea i agree indefinately

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
awesome I love tarantulas never had any though I use to keep centipedes.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
beautiful specemins your hubby has there...i'm not sure i'd be so understanding if my husband started bringing home terantulas..maybe one or two but i'd sure be putting my foot down long before we go to 46!

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
This is what feeding day looks like. We have some on the floor the rest are on the coffee table. Price to feed now 49 tarantulas.... $5.00.

PIC00198.JPG

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
spiders kinda freak me too, but the shows on tv about them, i cant resist. ther are kinds that find special, accustic rocks to place around ther holes, and when somthin steps on them, it can tell if its danger or lunch. and kinds specially designed to live on bigger spiders webs without them knowing, and steal food.
Sounds like a trapdoor spider they are my youngest son's favorite spider. He learned about them in 3rd grade when they had a science unit on spiders (2 years before we had any except the ones in the corner of the house). He will handle a couple of the spiders but he prefers to look at them instead. The crickets on the other hand he's afraid of :grinyes:.

nice! The versi is a beauty. Any Psalmopoeus irminia in the collection?
The versi is my favorite. I like avics, hubby likes pokeys. He just picked up two slings today in fact. He says they are in there but I haven't seen them yet.

beautiful specemins your hubby has there...i'm not sure i'd be so understanding if my husband started bringing home terantulas..maybe one or two but i'd sure be putting my foot down long before we go to 46!
Yea, I thought that too. I know two kinds of tarantula owners, the owner that just has one and the one that has a collection. Most people that just have two or three end up with more. They says it's an addiction, I would agree. At least I can come home and see what he bought. In fact if you buy them as a sling you have a chance that when they mature they increase in value. Hmm, sounds like an investment:idea:. I better not let him hear that or he might use that as an excuses to get more:grinyes:.

While I would agree that a tarantula is not a pet for everyone, they are easy to care for. Misconceptions come for lack of knowledge that people learn from TV and the movies. Did you know that no one has died from a spider in the United States since the late 1800's? You are more likely to be attacked by "Man's Best Friend" then a spider. Although I might get itchy from cuddling with one of the tarantulas then from Fido.:joke:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store