The 265gal Reef Build (and other associated nonsense)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Finding Amphiprion ocellaris
Mar 10, 2008
Connecticut
www.lizcaron.com
Que- We are going to cover the tank when we drywall, its just easier got get all the plumbing running, rock and coral in before the wall is up, its how we did it last time. On the up side the tank is no longer muddy! Hopefully we will rock scape and add coral tomorrow night.

The tank a little less cloudy.......

IMG_9090.JPG

Our new addition, we picked him out tonight!!!

IMG_9087.JPG

IMG_9085.JPG

Better quality pics when I can actually see him from the side :)

IMG_9090.JPG IMG_9087.JPG IMG_9085.JPG

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
(BFM sings 'i can see clearly now.........') lol.

lookin' good :) can't wait to see the wall back up, tank stocked, and looking wonderful!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Why are you getting the tank going before the wall is up? Are you worried at all about gypsum dust or spackel getting in the tank? I've never done a job on this scale and I'm a worry wart so I'm maybe over thinking this project.

Q
Q, whay we did last time was taped garbage bags to the back of the sheetrock before we hung it up to seal off the tank from the front of the wall. Then once the drywall is done, I can pull it off from behind.

Well, I had to shift some of the sand around last night which immediately clouded up the tank again, but this morning it was looking decent, clearing up a lot faster. We picked up the copperband butterfly that Liz posted above, plus a second black clown and a purple firefish. Hopefully tonight the rest of the base rock will start going in :D

Finding Amphiprion ocellaris
Mar 10, 2008
Connecticut
www.lizcaron.com
A few pics of the fish in their new home, the clowns were begging for food pretty much the instant they were put in the tank.

Next step finish the plumbing and set up the lights, then add coral!!!

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9098.JPG IMG_9104.JPG

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Yep, base rock is in and we're officially down to only one holding tub for the coral right now...its coming along slowly.

R.A.W.

AC Members
Mar 6, 2010
Deepwater, Missouri
Wow ... now I want a reef tank.

The tank didn't look that big until someone stood by it ... it's a monster.

It'll be soooo beautiful when everything is in it. Like looking at a reef bed.

Good luck!!!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Made a lot of progress in the past few days...

Working on the plumbing

Getting full...

Base rock in!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Coral in

Fun with aquascaping

A few inhabitants

I have to make up one more batch of saltwater, then I'll have enough to connect up the sump and start that running. I have a bunch of coral and LR leftover, hopefully that will get sold or traded soon.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
AWESOME!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store