Tragic DISASTER

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Wow! My friend went over to my house after I had been at his for a few hours, our moms had been shopping together...

He had an oranda goldfish that needed to be rehomed so for now it is in my 10 gallon (it is only about an inch) I lead him outside to see our almost full grown ones eat, but then...

I see 3 dead comet goldfish AND THE HOSE IS ON!!!! THE POND IS FILLED WITH TAP WATER!!! I had to pick up and dispose of 15 comets, some that we had named, others where full grown.... And 2 orandas that were my Brother's that he loved dearly, we haven't told him yet...

My mom left the hose on all day and killed ALL the fish, and some tadpoles

Any suggestions on what we should stock it with?

It is sever hundred gallons big...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Dude.... :cry: that's a serious bummer. Do more goldies or koi, I s'pose.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
I wouldn't do koi, unless your pond is 1,000+ gallons- they really do get HUGE (3, sometimes 4 ft long), and probably shouldn't mix with orandas due to potential aggression and territorial disputes, and the orandas not being able to even get away from them, much less defend themselves. I'm sure there are people who *have* kept orandas and koi together, but, to my understanding, it really isn't a great idea to try it. More comets would be good- if you don't get winters dropping below 40 or 50 degrees, you could do fantailed goldfish in there- they don't get as big as the single tails, and would mix very nicely with orandas. Koi can be done in smaller ponds than 1,000 gallons, I am sure... but, I wouldn't get too many of them, and I wouldn't put anything slow moving like double tailed goldfish or orandas in with them. Comets should be OK with them- the fantailed varieties get bullied way too easily to handle living with koi in closer quarters, IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store