Urgent advice!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

belugarena

Registered Member
Jan 11, 2021
I have had my 2 betta fish in separate 2 gallon tanks for roughly a year. With knowing that is not a good living environment i purchased a 10 gallon tank with a divider. I set it up with a heater, filter, and accessories. I then filled it up with water and conditioner then let it ran for roughly 3 hours to start cycling. I put both fish in (on separate sides of the divider) and they seemed to love it but when i woke up this morning one of them had sadly passed. I believe its due to shock since i didn’t correctly acclimate them to the new water but one of them is still alive and i don’t know what to do to ensure it doesn’t die. I know that they were used to different water conditions and with living in filtered water it has shocked them. What can i do to help?? or if i purchase new fish to make sure they don’t die by my now learned mistakes??

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Did you transfer the filters from the old tanks over to the new tank? Running the tank for three hours does not "cycle" the new tank.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Do you have a good liquid test kit?

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store