Weird phobias?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rtbob

AC Members
Jul 22, 2010
Austin, TX
Real Name
Bob
Just your standard fear of heights. In boot camp we were to climb up this tall log thing go over and down some ropes. I made my way from the side of recruits waiting to do it to the side with the people who all ready done it, clapping and shouting encouragement. Don't tell on me! They might make me go back to Oklahoma!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Last edited by a moderator:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Yeh, but you know your gonna trip over something, no matter what!
I now have a new phobia... tripping when running away from zombies.... and not being able to get up... lol

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Extreme heights. I almost fell from the top catwalk on a 325' flare stack once and I haven't been able to comfortably go above 90' since. Even taking the cloverleaf exit on the beltway is unnerving, especially when I see the tops of 80' trees next to me on the other side of the guardrail.

Mark

OliviaBolivia

AC Members
Mar 18, 2011
Near London, England
LMAO @ zombies.

I have severe Emetophobia - fear of vomiting. Not just hate the the idea of it or find it disgusting (as most human beings do), but have a total abject terror of being around anyone who has been/could be sick, or of feeling/being sick myself. Obviously this leads to a fear of germs (specifically gastric viruses) and therefore I do a lot of handwashing.....won't touch "dangerous" foods (like seafood or sushi).....am a bit obsessive about hygiene......fuss about use by dates.....incinerate most meats when I cook them.....etc. I take medication for it, otherwise I woud never leave the house for fear of being in contact with someone who is or has been ill (because I might catch it).

Needless to say, I don't have children - pregnancy, childbirth and children are pretty much vomit guarantees. :)

Funnily enough, I don't freak out much if I flick any tank water in my mouth (it happens, right?), and I can cheerfully clear up dog vomit without turning a hair. Gross huh? :)

Oh, and I hate really big, HUGE bodies of water. Remember that film The Storm? I always dream that I'm fighting to stay afloat in miles and miles of black, heaving water, and there is 5 miles of water underneath me.....terrifying. :(

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
morphine does absolutely nothing for the itch of Poison Ivy.
with "enough" it certainly does do something for the itch. just not quite what you're looking for. :headshake2:

silentcircuit

AC Members
Mar 3, 2011
Columbia, SC
Real Name
Chris
I have a weird fear of someone sneaking up on me in stairwells.

Not fear of the stairwell... just that while I'm in there someone will come up behind me and do... something. Bad, presumably. But it's really not that logical or thought out.

I'm fine if I go in with a group of people, but if I go in alone (not with someone just in front or behind me, that's okay) I'll hurry without really meaning to in reaching whatever floor.

It's strange, I know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store