YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
oh my lordy! so sorry to hear about your nightmare. when i saw the pic my eyes immediately darted to my tanks and i visualized the same! (knock on wood!!!!!!)

Moesmom

AC Members
Apr 12, 2009
Manning, SC
I am starting to think something has happened to Snailrider. Maybe he did what Ogre said he or she would do and shot himself.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
I need an update on the survivors too- and I agree, I hope the nightmare doesnt discourage you from a rebuild! =( We'd all like to see you come back from the horrid experience.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Hi, sorry for not getting back sooner. LOL wonder why :eek: Yesterday was a brutal assault on my body and senses. Emotionally, physically and spiritually demanding. I do want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and concerns.

I was in tears writing yesterday to say the least. The 1/2 hour drive to work was all red eyed and sniffly. That being said, it is starting again, now, as I try to find the words to update.

So let me continue...

After gathering as many of the critters as possible, and water slowly spreading throughout the house, the damage control begins. Not having a push broom or squeegie, I just grabbe a towed, and held both ends and started running damns of water to the front door. This did get very tiring and so I just made a run to home depot to get a broom.

Of course and 6:30 am, depot has only one checkout open and 30 contractors waiting to check out. I step up to the line (or what I thought was the end) to beg and plead my case for a speedy checkout. Folks can be so nice at times, and do appreciate their considerations.

I get back home and take a look to see how everybody is doing, especially looking to see where Ricky was, some morbid couriosity I guess. Well Ricky was not were he had settled down, and thoughts of crabs dragging him away just saddened me more.

So off the dispersing the water. During cleanup I did find my big turbo snail and tucked away with his trap door protecting him from the waterless environment he was woooshed into.

So, thankfully when I filled the big tank, I used water from all my tanks so the params are pretty much the same in all of them. Do I acclimate the snail? No time, I have to get ready for work. But then who do I see? RICKY :headbang2:

There he was fluttering away in frantic abandon. He has always been somewhat retarded from the day I got him, and thus "Ricky Retardo and Lucy" were the names. But my heart just leaped for joy. The little guy survived so far, a true testament to the fight for life.

So it appears all I lost were about four small crabs. Looking today, the fish are beat up a bit, except Lucy, who stays close to Ricky and seems to protect him from Grettal. I feel so fortunate, had I been away, they would all be dead.

Today just doing more cleanup. Cleaning tools that were hosed with saltwater, soggy cardboard boxes etc.

Thanks again for all the kind words.:cheers:

DSC04629.JPG

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
YAY! :dance: Go Ricky Retardo!!!! lol! Such good news! Thanks for the update, I'm sure clean up will be a big chore, if I were closer I'd volunteer to help!!! :thm:

Thanks for the pics... although those shots just make me squirm!!! *shudders* Fingers cross the fishes wounds heal and in a few months this experience can be a good story to tell people visiting and admiring the tough survivors, and all your efforts!

I'm just so happy Ricky was out and about being himself! lol. That must have been a great pick-me-up after all the stress and work you are doing to clean up.

:mwave:

edit: PS: THANK GOD ITS TILE AND NOT CARPETING!!!!!

CEEEYE

AC Members
Jun 3, 2009
i had to clean a 90 gallon oil spill yesterday......yet still i feel worse for you

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
man , i cant say how i felt when reading ur posts , that s really really sux bad ... thnx god ur fishes doin ok .. i just have one clarkii in whole SW world and i cant even imagin somethin similar happen to her ... hope u got better too ..

huffmagx

AC Members
Feb 17, 2009
Georgia
Something similar happened to me years ago kept me out of the hobby for almost a decade before I could convince my husband that it was just a freak accident and tanks were made much better now.
He finally allowed me to get a 5 gal about a year or so ago and I have since managed to add a 55 and a 20 but we compromised and all of them are on the tile floor.

I really feel for you man! I still have heart palpitations if I wake up to the sound of running water!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store