Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. aquapants

our grass finally grew...

thanks for the suggestions; I'll add some vertical driftwood for them to climb on. I wish the tank were taller for them. We had major plans to turn one of our 55 gals into a viv w/ waterfall and all, but its little beyond our capacity right now. Hopefully in the future... The male has been...
  2. aquapants

our grass finally grew...

and now our frogs dont have to live in a tub lined with paper towels anymore!
  3. aquapants

algae!

Oh and my plants all look like they are on their way out and the algae is still there, even more than before. ugh!
  4. aquapants

algae!

thanks a lot to all the people who told me it was okay to blackout my tank and not feed my fish for a few days. I left them for 4, and today when I took the cover off I realized they had killed and eaten one of my fish. He was perfectly healthy before this.
  5. aquapants

Total n00b with a 29g...

I have a couple green tree frogs. Cute little buggers. They eat crickets, but as was said, small crickets dont make noise. Tree frogs are very nice and peaceful, and most are pretty undemanding as far as their environs go.
  6. aquapants

algae!

We will do a blackout for a couple days and see how it goes. Do you think we should move the tank? The algae is brown. On a positive note: our snails are very very happy. lots of stuff to nibble at!
  7. aquapants

algae!

Well, we made the mistake of recently moving the tank near a window so It is getting a lot of light, which I thought would be good for our plants (we dont have a very bright light in there), but obviously has helped the algae grow. We could remove the plants for a while. but I dont have an extra...
  8. aquapants

algae!

Okay so we have a major algae bloom going on in our tank. I thought it wouldnt happen to us, but I was naive. I have been giving the tank a thorough cleaning every week, but it seems to keep coming back stronger each time. I think it is killing our plants. If not, then we have an additional...
  9. aquapants

Spring has arrived!

Im so jealous. Your house must be so awesome with all your herps! I love your box turtle and his harem. You should post some more pics of them all cleaned up for spring.
  10. aquapants

Spring has arrived!

yeah, total bedhead, needs turtle coffee... way cool, thanks for sharing!
  11. aquapants

supplies from Michael's?

I wouldnt use the moss they sell at micheals or ac moore, etc. Most of it is dyed to look prettier, and that means toxic to your animals. I just picked up some super cheap river rocks there though. 2.29 vs 5.59 at the pet store. You just have to look around. Sometimes thay have really nice...
  12. aquapants

SW: Bangaii at it again!!!

nature is freaking crazy!
  13. aquapants

? sternotherus

ha ha. those pictures are awesome!
  14. aquapants

Bettas?

It makes sense that bettas would prefer still water to a current, but mine loves to hang out right next to the filter. He fights his refelction for a good 1/3 of the day Id say. Its really quite humorous. Usually he is very tolerant of his other tank mates but after a good round of flash the...
  15. aquapants

First timer

You sound like a really cool person. And that tank you have at home is really awesome! I cant blame you for getting the sharks, I want some too. Did you make that hood yourself, or did it come like that? Anyway, just wanted to say "Cheers!" for taking it on yourself to be the school fishkeeper...
  16. aquapants

Holy.... !

I think I just missed the nitrite spike, actually. I mean this happened very rapidly, in about 4 days. On the 2nd day I noted a decrease in ammonia with no nitrites, but it was 10pm and I hadnt checked the levels since 10am the morning prior. Judging by the speed at which this all occurred, the...
  17. aquapants

Holy.... !

There were already fish in the tank (yeah, we made that mistake), see my sig. they make their own ammonia. Little poop machines.
  18. aquapants

Holy.... !

We had been trying to get our cycle established on this new tank for a while, with no luck. At one point, we had a small amount of nitrites, but ammonia levels were not dropping and there were never any nitrates detected. A couple weeks ago I did a major water change, took the fish out...
  19. aquapants

bio spira discontinued

Hmm, thats interesting. But if they really believed in their product, they could keep it going. They should have marketed the product themselves and sold it straight from the source instead of letting 3rd parties send it to the customer.
  20. aquapants

Some of my Juvies

pretty
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store