anyone wanna take in a fishnerd so hes out of his current living condition?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Fly. You do know you don't need to read this thread right? Why not keep your comments to yourself.Obviously these people want to try and help this kid and not tear him down. Your no better then his family with your discourging remarks.

RDTigger

Newest member of F.A.R.T.
Jul 4, 2009
Pawleys Island, SC
Fly. You do know you don't need to read this thread right? Why not keep your comments to yourself.Obviously these people want to try and help this kid and not tear him down. Your no better then his family with your discourging remarks.
If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all... FF wonders why he has been punished....:eek:

Kid, although not a kid by his age, has 0 direction and no hope... Go get your GED take the ASVAB and find some faith in yourself man...Sitting on a message board asking for these types of things is borderline begging, and very sad.

The only person who is responsible for your path right now is you, if no one has helped you before now that is just not right... Take initiative for your self. You will find that in doing this will give you more confidence than you ever thought possible.. But YOU have to WANT to DO IT!

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
Because I live in reality. I understand that everyone is just trying to help him but it seems they only hear his side of the story. I've talked to this kid for a while. Everyone thinks it's so great this kid is trying to get an apartment but can he actually support himself? Hell, in this thread not 1 or 2 pages back he forgot he was making a pizza!! He's not going to have anyone there to look out for him. He's not going to have anyone to make sure the place doesn't burn down. No one to make sure he's paying all of his bills on time or if he even has enough. No one to tell him that bringing strangers back to where he lives by himself is not a good thing. Read the thread more and see where he says he just walked up to a random couple that was out at some ice cream shop and moved in with them that day. THAT'S NOT NORMAL. Nor is it safe.
Am I trying to tear the kid down? No, he's had enough of that in his life. I'm asking the hard questions because it seems no one else wants to because they're scared of hurting his precious feelings. This kid jumps into everything with both feet before doing any type of research and it's going to get him hurt/robbed/homeless or worse. He's way too trusting of people (hello, he's poured his entire life story onto the internet on a fish forum) and combine that with being a slow learner who'd be living by himself, you don't think there are people out there who would take advantage of those facts? The world isn't a nice place.

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
Yes, I know he can because I've done it with less money and more expensive rent.

In fact, this is the kind of path I wish I had followed far earlier myself instead of going to college, being broke most of the time and dependent on my parents because of missing job income.
Spending so many years job fighting and then back to fighting with my parents when jobs I was financially dependent on kept going up in smoke. I wanted to get away from my parents badly, I fought extremely hard with the job market.

I think getting out ASAP so one can focus on other issues better without having family fighting interfere is a great move. Family fighting takes so much energy away from college, jobs, training, relationships etc etc. I seriously was telling people family fighting was my part time job because when I added up the time, it took that much time/energy away from other things.

I could go into detail, but this thread isn't about me...So I'll leave it at that.

It's just a shame that his family other then his father offering furniture will not offer any more helpful advice when he moves out. Luckily young people these days have the 'net these days and yes it does advice and help as long as you do not use it as your only source.

My parents have the mindset of either you submit to our control or you are on your own completely and we will never help you with anything. So of course I've turned to the web a lot when I stopped submitting to my parents, except I was older then it came along.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
kinda of an update but not really yet,

Doug,
I have not heard back from the previous landlord yet but I want to let you know that fish tanks are okay but if they leak you will be responsible for any damages it may cause and any costs that incur. Once I have finished processing your application I will let you know.
Thank you,
Mandy
Property Manager

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I think we have been awfully quick to slam FastFly on her (hope I remembered your profile, FF) response. While FF's response may not have been gentle, the reality is that some of the OP's responses on this thread seem a little disjointed and not really in touch with the reality of this situation. I suspect that somewhere between LBF's version of the story and his family's, the truth lies.
As much as we would like to believe that everyone can lead an independent life, sometimes that is not possible, no matter how much we wish it. In those cases, we have to try to improve the situation that we are in to try to make it less untenable, if possible. Optimism is a fantastic thing and a good motivator-- delusional belief is not. Small steps may be huge to this person, but it seems as if he wants to jump into the deep end without knowing how to swim-- I have to agree with FF on that observation, in all fairness.
You can definitely improve your situation, LBF-- it just may take many small steps instead of one HUGE one.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ok lets say i was put on a lease 10 years ago living in ripon and 2 years ago my mom pastaway if the credit comes out bad can i just have a co-signer with GOOD credit or am i screwed? ( i dont see why my fredit would comeout bad caause i was like 10 11 back then but i was on a lease tho or so im told anyways )

CONDUCT

Be very afraid...
May 25, 2007
IOWA
You can not be bind to a contract or lease at that age.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
correct, you cannot be bound to a contract at that age. What they might want though is a co-signer in the case you don't have any credit history. Sometimes, that can be just as bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store