Benson?s 40 B Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Sump water level seems very high in that picture.. have you down a power off test to make sure you don't spill onto the floor? I never go above 50% full on any of my sumps.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Steelerfan... thinking about the RapidLed Par 38 for the lights. I do have my livestock from my old 29 in the tank now... Coral Beauty Angle, Clownfish, 2 Pajama Cardinals, 6 Line Wrasse and clean up crew... thinking about Yellow Watchman Goby...

Ace, did many power down test. Just had the power company out this morning working on my main meter and had no power for an hour... level was good to go. Thanks for the feedback!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Ok, since I am home today getting some electrical work done to the house I guess I should lower the level of water in the sump... going to have to lower the ato as well... Thanks Ace for that feedback!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Great looking scape Benson!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Thanks Graham... I'm thinking I will order the Rapidled Par 38s tomorrow... We shall see... still debating about that... right now I have my 24" T5s on the tank. I have been looking at a 6 bulb Tek fixture... doesn't come with bulbs. Wish I could use my Giesemann bulbs in it. Oh well, my old fixtures will look great on the 20Long...

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Honestly I don't think I could bring myself to buy a T5 fixture if I was in the market for a light right now. I like my T5's but new lights are coming out all the time and the LED options are getting better.

My LFS is in the process of switching over to 100% LED and its killin' me!!! :). The store is like a church now without all the fans and other equipment running.

They have the 60W dual dimmable Cree fixtures for a little over $250 and I am having a hard time not buying one. Problem is I think I may need 2. Although, I can supplement with my Panorama and place my corals a little different.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blo...aquarium-led-arena-with-their-60w-cree-system

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store