My first big girl tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amy

a.k.a. achu
Dec 1, 1999
Austin, TX
Visit site
Oh wow! I recently picked up a 180g (okay I had 4 guys move it for me) and I'm also working on cleaning it up!

I think I want to plant it for Angels, cories, and a big school of cardinals. Oh, and also the million and one Platys that are starting to overcrowd my old 15g.

>>>>> We are GIRLZ with TANKZ <<<<<

zanytomato

AC Members
Jul 31, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, spiffy tank! *drools*

There are so many cool things that you could do with it... tough decision! I don't envy you.. actually, that's a lie... I completely envy you and covet the tank.

*Sits in the corner and covets* (what sound does that make anyway? ;) )

Carp37

Catfish and Cichlid lover
Jul 11, 2007
Aughton, UK
I'd go for the bigger armoured cats- Hoplos, Callichthys, with eartheaters of some sort; oh hang on that's my tank!

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
A Black Ghost would look wonderful in there.....

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
The blues of rams/cardinals would really contrast nicely with the color of the stand, and I have to admit, I'd be partial to a small (say 8ish) school of discus, along with a huge school of corys. Semi-planted with sand and lots of driftwood... That's kinda what I was going for with my 55 until the cardinals kept eating my discus eggs. Now I've got the discus, corys, quasimodo, and my bamboo shrimp. :p I bet apistos would look great in a planted tank too. (if money is no object)

KuchDaddy

Hu-Mans, listen to me.
Jan 24, 2007
Vienna, VA
I don't have any suggestions, but congrats on the tank. I'd be stoked!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Hello,

My first post on here, I just have a quick question I was thinking of upgrading my tank to somthing similar to yours but I am a bit scared to get somthing that weighs close to or over 1000 pounds. To the people that have a tank this size or bigger do you have to reinforce your floors or am I just worrying too much?
I honestly don't know. I am not going to have to worry about it as its on a concrete floor in my basement (fish room to-be). I would recommend making a post in either general freshwater or freshwater products and DIY.

Thanks for all the input guys....I had dreams of the new tank last night. I still have no idea what I will do. If I had four or five tanks this size it would be alot easier! Lots of great suggestions. I am leaning heavily towards either the planted discus tank or oscars..jeez..I also want apistos. I have two other smaller empty tanks that I could use for apistos. Waiting to get it going is going to be the hardest part for sure!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store