Am I "over-chemicaling" my water?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Goldfish are messy eater, and the peas is not helping. You really need to add another filter.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Goldfish are messy eater, and the peas is not helping. You really need to add another filter.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
More filtration for sure. The cloudy water could even be a bacteria bloom trying to compensate for lack of breeding grounds. Did anyone mention a 40 breeder is really too small for 3 goldfish long term? You want a bare minimum of 20g per GF, 30g per is better though. They are BIG waste producers and you will find yourself fighting these kinds of battles often with an overstocked GF tank.

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
You don't need that all you need is some prime and when you add new fish add dr tims live bacteria that's all I've been doing for the past 6 years and still have 2 original fish

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
I agree with FreshyFish. Goldfish require maximum filtration.
I'm not a fan of adding chemicals to the tank, however, including all those you mentioned.
And as Tanker said, Water changes, water changes, water changes, and lots of biological media in the filter(s)

Reactions: fishorama
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store