Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

First Tank, 29 gal w/ high pH, will this be safe for an angelfish??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Newbie Forum' started by JenWit, Dec 10, 2017.

1. JenWit

JenWit AC Members

Jen
    Dec 25, 2017
    Jen
    Well, my gh/kh test finally arrived. Here are the results from our tank:
    pH 8.4
    Ammonia 1ppm
    Nitrite >5ppm
    Nitrate 80ppm
    kh: 15 (~268.5ppm)
    gh: 26 (~465.4ppm)

I did a 25% water change after this test since Nitrites where so high, I didn't want the cycle to stall

2. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

Yesterday at 9:44 PM
    Do at least 25% WC every day. Do not add fish yet! You're getting closer but not there yet, Be patient, so close!

JenWit likes this.
  3. Claire Vaughan

Claire Vaughan AC Members

Laura
    Sunday at 10:41 PM
    Laura
    I have angels in my 125 gallon and the PH runs 8.2 consistently. They tolerate it fine. have just read about the iridovirus in the gouramis. It's a concern for me as I have recently lost one of my 3.

JenWit likes this.
  4. myswtsins

myswtsins Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Jen
    Today at 10:36 AM
    Jen
    Camera Used:
    Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
    Good on you! I have tried to do this a few times but always vere off at some point.

Oh man, you have great water for african cichlids! One day you should get a 75g and some purdy rift fish.

Anyway, livebearers are an excellent choice for your water. You are close to done with your cycle, yay, but like fishorama said keeping doing the 25% changes daily to get those nitrates down. Even do a BIG water change just before adding fish to get nitrates as close to 0 as possible.

Curious what the test results are for post softener.

lamar likes this.