Setup for Corydoras Eques (species only)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
None of my cory dig enough to actually dislodge the plants but most of my plants have large root system. In fact the lemon pleco try to dig under the front side of a piece of driftwood; found a mass of roots and had to go behind the driftwood to dig his cave (yea yea cory don't dig a lot but the pleco that is a different matter).

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Move ONE piece of hydrocotyle and the whole thing became a mess, so I rearranged the tank haha... liking this layout though.
20211020_231430.jpg

And a 2min video of the new scape. Fish are a bit spazzy since it was recently rearranged and they were antsy for dinner time as well.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Bit of a trim
20211117_201904.jpg

Reactions: dudley

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Noodle, your tanks are so much fun, always something new going on!
Mostly because I'm never happy so always fidgeting with something.

Lol though I'm liking the more central look of this one. Just need the giant hairgrass to grow and spread more, I want it as the main background plant behind the hydrocotyle.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
20211201_182223.jpg

plant list:
pogostemon g a y i
hydrocotyle leucocephala
Helenthium tennelum "red"
echinodorus "flame"
Vallisneria gigantea
Eleocharis montevidensis
Limnobium laeviatum
Sagittaria subulata
Heteranthera zosterifolia

fish list:
corydoras eques
corydoras pygmaeus
hyphessobrycon amandae (embers)
hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis (lemons)

Week 38 give or take. Still no spawn but theyre a very happy bunch. And since moving the pygmies into their tank, the pygmies have actually never seemed happier. I see them out all the time now, more active than I've seen them in forever. Seems to be a happy decision to move them to this tank, even if it was for an emergency. It's worked out for them and everyone else with them, so it'll stay this way I think since they're all very happy together.

Reactions: jake72

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
How long has that aquarium been setup (oops bad question - you said 38 weeks or 3 years) and what size is it - vaguely i think i remember it being a 20 long. I have several red flame swords; the oldest is about 4 years old - mine like your seems to stay fairly small but recently (for unknown reasons) it has decided to grow again (not taller but bushier and more intense red); I don't think it is quite the same plant as yours as it is more 'green' with red streaks where yours appear more purple green with red streaks (if that make sense - the green portion of my leaf is much more solid lime green; but the weirdest thing is the 2 new leaves that are forming are mostly red with a little green as oppose to mostly green with a little red-here is a not very good picture):
flame.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
How long has that aquarium been setup (oops bad question - you said 38 weeks or 3 years) and what size is it - vaguely i think i remember it being a 20 long. I have several red flame swords; the oldest is about 4 years old - mine like your seems to stay fairly small but recently (for unknown reasons) it has decided to grow again (not taller but bushier and more intense red); I don't think it is quite the same plant as yours as it is more 'green' with red streaks where yours appear more purple green with red streaks (if that make sense - the green portion of my leaf is much more solid lime green; but the weirdest thing is the 2 new leaves that are forming are mostly red with a little green as oppose to mostly green with a little red-here is a not very good picture):
View attachment 230741
The tank itself has been established longer than this setup. It used to be my nano tank, which was setup for maybe a year or two before this one was.

This is week 38 of *this* setup of it though.

Flame sword is interesting that it'll get deeper red the more intense the light is and how close to the light it is.

A 20g long is a shallow tank, and I have a high light on it, so it gets a lot more colour to it because of that. It fades a bit if I go overboard with the tannins though lol and old leaves always fade to that mottled green.

Reactions: jake72

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
The tank itself has been established longer than this setup. It used to be my nano tank, which was setup for maybe a year or two before this one was.

This is week 38 of *this* setup of it though.

Flame sword is interesting that it'll get deeper red the more intense the light is and how close to the light it is.

A 20g long is a shallow tank, and I have a high light on it, so it gets a lot more colour to it because of that. It fades a bit if I go overboard with the tannins though lol and old leaves always fade to that mottled green.
While I have a decently strong light the picture above is from a 120 which is a wee bit taller than a 20 long at 24 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store