The Reading Room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
The Host by Stephanie Meyer

When Earth is taken over by an alien race, legendary alien Wanderer is put into a host who refuses to give herself over to the new being inside her head. The struggle between the two souls, and their quest to live lives apart, yet together, is fascinating. How can they be, hating each other, and work for the one thing they both desperately want? The ending left me surprised and breathless. Like with her vampire series, Twilight, Meyer has created characters that won't leave you alone.

Rating: 10/10 smilies :read: - the best book I've read this week!

Last edited:

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
Oh and I just finished reading Rhett Butler's People, for any Gone With the Wind fans, I would highly recommend this book, it was great!!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
Real Name
Brandy
We have very similar tastes Bitsy! I've read at least of few from each author on your list, and all of Jonathon Kellerman's stuff. If you like historical fiction you should try Phillipa Greggory. Her books on the Tudor line are incredible!

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
I read a cool book a LONG time ago.. its title was a year in the future, and it was about a man's journey in his world. i can't remember for the life of me what it's called, but if i ever find it again i will re-read it.

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
We have very similar tastes Bitsy! I've read at least of few from each author on your list, and all of Jonathon Kellerman's stuff. If you like historical fiction you should try Phillipa Greggory. Her books on the Tudor line are incredible!
I will have to find one of her books and give it a try, I'm always looking for a good new author!! I wish that both of the Kellermans and Michael Connelly would write some new books!!! The new Janet Evanovich book comes out sometime in June I believe, can't wait, I love those books!! Whenever I'm reading one of them I laugh out loud and my boyfriend looks at me like I'm crazy!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Just started the new Dean Koontz novel about Odd Thomas. Needed something light and entertaining for the holiday.
LOVE those books Bob!!!

LOL, well I'm getting ready to read "The Butter Battle book" by Dr. Suess.

Actually the book I was reading I had to stop...it was just to much for me, it was "A Child Called It" by Dave Pelzer, a friend of mine gave it to me, but way to much child abuse for me to handle, just can't finish it.
It's a true story about the Author who was severely beaten, starved and everything else by his Mother.

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
Give me any factual history book. I love world war, civil, revolution, ect. books. I also love to read steven king, michel crieghton, mack malony, and my favorite auther is Clive Cussler. I intend to meet that man. He wrote the book that the Movie just out with mathew maconahey in it called Sahara. The movie was no were near the same story line as the book. But I must say i read atleast 2 larger novels in a months time on average. The last was Clive's the sea hunters

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
Real Name
Brandy
I love historical fiction, but the US History stuff by McCollough is pretty near perfect, too. Cat, have you read anything by Leon Uris? His book Mila 18 is about a group of Jewish resistance fighters living below Warsaw (I think) during WWII. It is historically accurate, vivid, lovely, and stomach turning (as are all books about this segment of WWII). I've read tons of WWII fiction, with some real stand outs, if anyone is interested.

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
Jensons sorry cant say I remember the authers name on all the nofiction I have read because if I did My head would prob explode. I personally love nofiction and yes wwII was my favorite to read on. If you look at ogres thread for memorial day in the GCC area youll find my post about my Great Grandfather thats what got me started. But I would have to say one of my favorite WWII books would have to be band of brothers. it talks about all the suffering and the troubles that everyday front line soilders faced. Not patton or eisenhower no the front line soilder. I love to read on the constrution of the weapons and why they were important and who had the best. I just love history, soo many people told me I should have went to be a historian, they were prob right because thats my passion I have the history channel on in my house 24 7.

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
I will have to check out that mila 18. this is the stuff i love to read how regular men and women helped change the world.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store