What is your best Ich treatment or Ich medication?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaybeepgh

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
My 75G recently overcame an ich breakout. I use Kordon's Rid Ich. I vacuum the tank every day and full dose (instr. on bottle) medicine after wc every day until a few days after ich looks to be gone. . The tank includes 3 loaches that all survived! As a matter of fact it was the 2 polka dot loaches that showed the white spots first.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I use salt and heat with no ill effects on pictus cats, loaches, cories, plants, plecos, etc etc, all the usual things people say are too sensitive to salt to use it. Treating at 1 tablespoon/gal for two weeks was no problem, no losses.

BadDogsPa

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Aquari-sol, if heat and salt dont work. Salt alone usually works for me,but im always 80 degrees or so.

AquariArt

AC Members
May 2, 2008
I used heat and salt to cure ich as recommended by many users here on AC and it worked! I have a well-stocked and well-planted tank. I lightly vacuumed the tank first with a 30% water change adding a mix of 1 tsp per gallon of salt (for the entire tank) to the replacement water. I gradually increased the heat from 79 to 87 degrees over a three day period, I also added a little more salt during water changes (every other day), until I reached an equivalency of just under 2 tsp per gallon. In the first two days the ich got worse, but over the course of 5 days it was gone. The important thing is to maintain the heat and salt for one week after all signs of ich have disappeared. I did a light vacuum of the gravel during water changes. After the week of sustained treatment, I then began lowering the temperature 2 degrees a day and did water changes every other day with no salt added. The Ich has not returned. I have three Clown Loach, two Polka Dot Loach, eighteen Neons, etc. with no losses. The only plants effected were my Crypts.

Good Luck!

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
I just throw all the fish away, give the tank to a friend, and quit the hobby, LOL! j/k,

I have used quick cure twice, once on Tetras, once on Mollies. Haven't had an issue.

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
I'm doing the heat / salt treatment right now. Heat is at 85*. Since I have the BGK I've only been adding 30g (6 tbsp) of salt every other day with 10% water changes. I add the salt to a bucket and then use my shower head to stir it around while it's running the water. It dissolves the salt very nicely. So far the Ich has had no effect over 4 days.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
I use salt and heat with no ill effects on pictus cats, loaches, cories, plants, plecos, etc etc, all the usual things people say are too sensitive to salt to use it. Treating at 1 tablespoon/gal for two weeks was no problem, no losses.
You coulda said this sooner xD

watermelon

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
Salt and heat, I dont think so...I bought those barbs at a very expensive price for one..I learned my lesson..My pocket book is more important to me..

But Rid Ich plus is helping thou, I had to turn up the heat to 86-88 and the spots are going away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store