What is your best Ich treatment or Ich medication?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
currently have problem with ich on my new loaches :(
i've dosed my 300 gal tank with only 10 tablespoon salt, can i increase the dosage? because i've red clown loaches can't take salt?

i've also added a heater. i would like to avoid meds that would mess up my filter if possible.

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
All heating the tank up does is speed up ick lifecycle, you need to put something in the tank to kill the parasite. When I my outbreak a while back I used, 1 tablespoon of salt for every 5 gallons. When that did not work I some mediaction.

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
will observe tomorrow. hope my loaches survive this :(
its nighttime already so can't go out to buy meds anymore.

btw rich311k , is your avatar an angelfish?

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
thanks,
I've added another 10 tablespoon of salt to the 300 gallon tank, tomorrow, i'll try to increase salt content and get another heater.
will melafix be helpful with ich?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
currently have problem with ich on my new loaches :(
i've dosed my 300 gal tank with only 10 tablespoon salt, can i increase the dosage? because i've red clown loaches can't take salt?

i've also added a heater. i would like to avoid meds that would mess up my filter if possible.
Did you dissolve the salt, terror? I treat my loaches using heat and salt treatment. Dissolve salt first before adding it to the tank. Try a tablespoon per 5g dosage. What's the temperature right now?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
thanks,
I've added another 10 tablespoon of salt to the 300 gallon tank, tomorrow, i'll try to increase salt content and get another heater.
will melafix be helpful with ich?
Melafix will not destroy the parasites. Medicines are only a last resort if all else fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store