Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. F

Experiences with Firemouths

Firemouths are C/A not S/A. No salt needed. Why not try a rainbow cichlid.
  2. F

Whats an easy to care for cichlid?

Here's the deal, Don't bother with South American fish. Most of your africans and Central Amercian cichlids are robust fish and you should have not much of a problem. That said I say go for a female (orange spot on belly) convict and get a male convict too. Don't put any thing else in the...
  3. F

I need to make up my mind....lots of Q's

Forget the budget, get the 75g or you'll only regret it later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me-us! I have a ph of 7.6 and always messed with it when I had africans. Then I stopped messing around and the fish never knew the difference. I used crushed coral and granite for stone. Worked...
  4. F

My Jag Died

Why don't you try for a pair in the 90? And am not suggesting a RT pair. Are you sure its a RT? Chances are its a mayan, unless of course you got it from somewhere special.
  5. F

My Jag Died

Why don't you try for a pair in the 90? Are you sure its a RT? Chances are its a mayan, unless of course you got it from somewhere special.
  6. F

scared timid chiclids (lake maliwi?)

The hiding is typical for your african cichlids. If you want fish that will feed from your hand I'd go for a RD, Midas, oscar or even cons. I have blue gill's that feed from the hand!
  7. F

120 cichlid tank?

I'd go with some C/A tank busters! A pair of Jags would work or RD/Midas, Trimac etc. Think big fish, cool personality. Go C/A and you'll never look back. You could do a front tank but I hear they pout too much!
  8. F

New Dovii owner (and new to site)

Perhaps you should have built the tank first. Buy the time you figure out what your going to do you'll have dead fish unless you can seperate them all. Quality takes time and I'm sure you don't want to play with a leaking casket down the road. I'd go with a rubber lined pond/tank or concrete...
  9. F

cichlids in a 55 gl?

Whats your water like? It depends what you like american or african. Much to general of a question.
  10. F

suggestions for cichlids for a 6'2'2'

I'd say some haps some peacocks and or yellow labs. Plenty of color options there. For americans...Thats right you want african. You may want to try cichlid-forum it has tons of info for africans and american cichlids.
  11. F

Growing marginals

I picked up some native marginals. I want to put them in a 5.5g for experimenting. What should I use for a planting medium? I'd like to grow them in a rack made of egg crate to keep the plants near the top of the tank. I want the water to remain crystal clear. I do have a bit of...
  12. F

55 gal tank

This would work, 1 female RD, not a midas or 1 JD or 1 Green texas, not the cyno species or 2 salvini The jag, GT simply get too big.
  13. F

What Do You Think Is The Most Atractive Cichlid?

I'd say the RD, RT and of course the salvini. I have a RD and salvini! Wish I had the space for RTs.
  14. F

Advice for Cichlids (newbie)

Once you get 75g and over the door is wide open. If you want large fish you need a large tank. But if your serious I'd get the largest tank you can afford. You will wish you did, mark my words. A 10g is used mostly for a hospital/quarintine or for fry. What are some of the fish you are...
  15. F

Do convicts make good "wet pets"?

Rollins, Don't even bother with an oscar. Way too big and too much work to keep one healthy. My male con is some what interactive. I just switched him back over to my 55g. A net is not needed for this guy, I just pick him up with my hand and place him where I want him! However, Come breeding...
  16. F

Has any1 used ''play sand'' in their tank from kent or home depot?if so pls read

I bought HD tropical play sand and it was way too fine. It stuck to the walls of the tank and got sucked up the filter. Way to fine = very messy. Try pool filter sand.
  17. F

Good Cichlids for begginer?

If your truely interested in keeping cichlids then I'd return the tank if at all possible and get like a 55g min. You'll be able to keep so many different fish in the 55g+ vs. any hex tank. Yes, your water is better suited to africans. A lot of people use swimming pool filter sand and its much...
  18. F

red terror

I had a uro too! Sold to me as red terror though. Just wondering how well yours take to feedings? Is it shy? Thanks Jaws.
  19. F

55g wet pet

Well I know I can't put a festae or oscar in there so what other fish have people put into a 55g (long term) and had success. One tank buster or will consider a pair. Want some personality, a fish thats not skittish.
  20. F

55g wet pet

What would work in the 55g?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store