Diving Into Hoplarchus Psittacus ~ Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
No problem sorry I didn't see that post Gabe.

The parrots look great I watched the tank for a good 2hours I know exactly where each individual Parrot has chosen territory. There's two in prticular I'm keeping a close eye on. They flare up every time the come in contact and there color changes dramatically.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Interesting. Hopefully they will pair up and produce lil ones for you. Hey your wanting to keep two pairs right? Are you gonna keep there offspring seperate or grow them out together?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Well I'll probably keep them separate just because I highly doubt they will spawn at the same time, but also in case one pair turns out better looking than the other I'll know which fry to supply to the LFS and which to sell online.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Also say a fellow hobbyist wants to start breeding then you could supply them with fish from two different parents. Better genetic diversity.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Ah like a mate named Gabe?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Possibly lol. Not sure though cuz with my Parachromis sp.'s and my oscar and pleco's and some other fish I want I may be out of space by the time your parrots breed and the fry grow big enough to survive shipping. But maybe possibly. Setup aquariums outside my room. LOL

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
I'm about to set up 4 drilled 30gallons in a outdoor shed. To bad it's still freezing here or I'd start putting fish them. But it'll be a while before these guys even are mature enough to spawn it take a full year for them to sexually mature

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Update:
Everybody looks good eatting well... Not much to add haha, a local collector offered to buy my female parrot. Working things trough with him. It'll be nice to have the 55 back for my jacks. If you want to see photos look for my thread "More Photos" don't want to repost and flood the forums. It'll be on the very last page I believe 9? Load Warning for anyone on DSL

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Load warning for anyone on DSL??? I think I have DSL not sure I run off my uncles net service which is across the street. I think you mean for anyone still on Dial Up or has a slow running computer like 1GB or less of memory. I got a 4GB so no worries here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store