Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. lovemybarbs

Kolorscape mini marble chips..

Interesting. Can you get a closer pic of the tank when you have time? :)
  2. lovemybarbs

$1/gal sale = dangerous.

If we mount the TV to the wall it frees up space for...................
  3. lovemybarbs

School of little Tiger Barbs + what else?

They probably needed more room than that. I've never had a problem in my 55 with any of my barbs, but it's a long tank. I have two clown plecs and I have had them for four or five years. I also have four ottos that thrive.
  4. lovemybarbs

School of little Tiger Barbs + what else?

Red tail sharks are MEAN in my opinion. I have tiger barbs with tetras. The only time I see them go after ottos is when they are very small and they mistake it for something they can fit in their mouth. They figure it out and leave them alone. Ottos are better for the bioload, but a BN would...
  5. lovemybarbs

power head decision

I got the Aqueon 950. It packs a punch. Now I will have to play with what angle I shoot it.
  6. lovemybarbs

power head decision

I have a quieter one, but it has no power. This one is a beast, but I can't seem to quiet it down. It's an older version. I'd rather put the money in this I think. I will check out all of these mentioned. I need to order some eheim tubes, so I'll probably place an order and get some free...
  7. lovemybarbs

What's a good schooling tetra?

I have a school of Buenos Aries and they run from one end of the 55 to the other, and the barbs try and keep up, but they can't.
  8. lovemybarbs

power head decision

Sorry, I read that wrong about the magnets. I'm not concerned. I appreciate the referrals. I hate buying the wrong thing!
  9. lovemybarbs

power head decision

The barbs and the tetras seem to enjoy it. The ottos sit on the wand a lot even when I have it cranked on high. I really think I need the movement with less noise.
  10. lovemybarbs

power head decision

How do they mount now? I'll start with one and go from there. There are several different kinds of Koralias. There are Evolution, Magnum, Nano and and a controllable one. This is the part when I buy the wrong one because some of these have magnets. Magnets are bad right? Evolution has a...
  11. lovemybarbs

power head decision

so two smaller ones would make more sense than one larger one? Everyone seems to have two. One directed in the middle and one directed towards the bottom? Do they all magnet to the side?
  12. lovemybarbs

power head decision

Okay, almost eight years into the hobby and I don't have a powerhead in my 55 gallon tank. :huh: Right now I have a rather loud, powerful bubble wand going and my air pump is so loud I turn it down at night because it's in my bedroom. I want a quiet power head. I don't want to buy the...
  13. lovemybarbs

eheim 2215 questions

so perhaps I should get a powerhead and add that. I have a pretty powerful older air pump on a long air wand in there right now that I crank up during the day. Are powerheads typically loud? I might be interested in getting one.
  14. lovemybarbs

eheim 2215 questions

I'll order the eheim then. I will probably order the oxygen diffuser also. I assume is just replaces the spray bar.
  15. lovemybarbs

eheim 2215 questions

I should have put this in the general freshwater forum.
  16. lovemybarbs

cherry barb breeding???

All they had was marimo moss balls at Petsmart. I'll try Petco or take a road trip to the LFS I prefer.
  17. lovemybarbs

eheim 2215 questions

I have had this filter for about four years and I love it. I did maintenance yesterday and decided I needed some new tubes, they are getting very stiff. Can the stuff from the hardware store work? Also, I have the same media since I bought it, except for the filter floss of course. The...
  18. lovemybarbs

cherry barb breeding???

so if I thought I saw a spermy looking thing on a plant this morning.....could it have been?
  19. lovemybarbs

cherry barb breeding???

what does the microworm stage look like? I need to look this up. I am far from a breeder. I want to save what I can from the barbs.
  20. lovemybarbs

cherry barb breeding???

Okay, I'll look for that.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store