How long do I keep my betta in the hospital container after treatment?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
Canon Eos 450d, GoPro and my phone camera
IK what ya meant you no wanna lose him.. I lost two bettas to dropsy and other two to low temperature and misinformation. For how long is he bloated?
Since before I put him in the hospital. He's not constipated and the swim bladder isn't causing him issues but it's a little worrying he seems a bit overweight since he has a slight belly before feeding. I found it hard to get him to not eat the endlers food as well as his own when he was with them, I tried a lot of things and back then I couldn't catch him.

Reactions: Sprinkle

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
He looks lots!! better. It could be missing scales on his side, they may grow back in time...the gill cover, I'm not so hopeful about. What are the yellow spots? It doesn't look the same as the yellow speckles he had all over, but maybe not normal either.

His fins seem better too, maybe a couple specks? But it's hard to tell with pics...I don't see the issues you do, you have a much better view than we do.

I still say if you are worried, continue the sulfa & maybe go an extra tx or 2. You & we all want this over with a return to health for him. Good luck & fingers crossed!
Thanks. :) Yeah, they look missing, it's around that area that I see these tiny yellow/brown specks between the scales. Not as bad as in that old photo but it makes me wonder. They weren't really all over him just that bit on the side, gill and on the head. They don't really photograph well with the phone, the Canon can but it's tricky.

Tx? I'm not sure what that stands for.
Yeah, he got his second dose today. I saw a tiny white speck on his head but I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.
_20210109_103259.JPG
You can see it by his spine in the photo, the other spots are smudges from the plastic container I think. Easy to miss.

Thanks, I'll let you guys know how it goes. He seems to be improving a lot. ?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Since before I put him in the hospital. He's not constipated and the swim bladder isn't causing him issues but it's a little worrying he seems a bit overweight since he has a slight belly before feeding. I found it hard to get him to not eat the endlers food as well as his own when he was with them, I tried a lot of things and back then I couldn't catch him.
For how long is he bloated? Usually persisting bloating is bad news IME

Reactions: PurpleGem

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
TX = treatment(s), go for longer than before. We all want this over!! & a completely healing fish...seems like you're getting close...don't quit now!! Yes, I do see the fin spots now, TY for new pics.
Thanks! Yeah, he's looking better already and that white spot he had on his spine is gone. He's raring to get out. First treatment was 4 doses so should I do 8? Was thinking about doing the repeat of 4 again (12 days) then one week of observation and return him to the main tank.

Photo from today:
DSC_1066.JPG
DSC_1064.JPG
His fins seem a lot better too.

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
For how long is he bloated? Usually persisting bloating is bad news IME
I don't really know, like I said he's had it before I start treating him at the end of last year. I don't think it's bloat though, I think it's more that he's just overweight and I need to be more careful with how much he eats.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I don't really know, like I said he's had it before I start treating him at the end of last year. I don't think it's bloat though, I think it's more that he's just overweight and I need to be more careful with how much he eats.
My fighter is no good either. He stays on bottom of tank and is reluctant to move and hides away :(

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Thanks! Yeah, he's looking better already and that white spot he had on his spine is gone. He's raring to get out. First treatment was 4 doses so should I do 8? Was thinking about doing the repeat of 4 again (12 days) then one week of observation and return him to the main tank.

Photo from today:
View attachment 228702
View attachment 228703
His fins seem a lot better too.
He is really looking better :)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Better! He looks almost like a different fish he's so improved :D

How's the fuzziness in the gill? Going, going gone? That's still concerning. I would keep up the treatment for as long as it takes if that seems to be improving, you want it gone not just a bit better if the med is working on it. It's much more effective to continue than to stop & restart if it comes back.

Continued good luck!

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
Better! He looks almost like a different fish he's so improved :D

How's the fuzziness in the gill? Going, going gone? That's still concerning. I would keep up the treatment for as long as it takes if that seems to be improving, you want it gone not just a bit better if the med is working on it. It's much more effective to continue than to stop & restart if it comes back.

Continued good luck!
He didn't make it everyone. He passed away on the 24th of February. I tried everything but yeah..

• Sad
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store