Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. JesseJ

Dream pet(s)?

GAH! I totally forgot to ask for one of those. But not the full dragons. One or two of the cute little dragonets would be great.
  2. JesseJ

Dream pet(s)?

Hmmmmm........ so many choices.... Since I'll never get them all anyways: iguana Black Emporer Scorpion Mexican Black Kingsnake Ball Python a puma (that's tame and affectionate like a housecat) a big aquarium (between 500- 1000 gallons) a black lab a golden retriever cats (1...
  3. JesseJ

Our favorite annoyances about our pets

Two things I can think about one of my cats. First is she likes to lick plastic bags. Everytime we come home with groceries or stores she will try to get a bag. The other is a one-time thing. When I went to the humane society to drop off some food I stopped in to look at the kittens. I saw...
  4. JesseJ

The new generation

I'm of two minds on this whole spelling matters thing. The whole point of language is to communicate an idea or concept between two or more people. If this is accomplished then, regardless of accuracy, the language used has been successful. On the other hand and also from my more elitist...
  5. JesseJ

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

I'm very surprised someone hasen't killed her yet. When I heard she was being released I predicted she would be killed within 1 month of getting out. Where's a gun toteing maniac when you need one?
  6. JesseJ

so desperate to sell pacu, they're throwing in the tank!

I love children, but I could never eat a whole one. :) P.S. 1000 geek points to whomever can tell me what tv show character said that.
  7. JesseJ

Irridescent sharks

Absolutely not. Those guys get very large. The biggest one I've seen was about a foot and a half long. Kudos for asking before you buy. In a 25 G tank I would look more at smaller schooling fish like Tetras, Danios, or maybe some small Rainbow fish.
  8. JesseJ

good news/bad news

BN: Due to the members of the forum absolutely necessary occurs daily GN: pigeon-enforced world peace is declared.
  9. JesseJ

Dna

No DNA is useless. There had to have been some reason for it to remain in our system or else it would slowly be purged as that DNA did nothing to help it's organism survive. Some DNA chains were useful to people in the past but no longer do anything for us. Some of the so-called useless DNA...
  10. JesseJ

Favorite breakfast cereals?

Reese puffs or Honey nut Cheerios but only as a snack in the afternoon or evening. I almost never eat breakfast but when I do I usually have a bowl of Brown Sugar Oatmeal.
  11. JesseJ

Imax show-coral reef

No, they were different-ish movies. Same kind of layout, same info but 2D vs 3D. The 3D one didn't seem to spend as much time on why humans are bad and more time on showing corals and fish.
  12. JesseJ

Imax show-coral reef

There are 2 shows about coral reefs playing at Imaxs here in Vancouver. The one you are talking about Val and one thats shot in 3D. I liked both of them but I liked them more for the pictures then the educational content. One of them had a site printed in the credits for saving reefs. I can't...
  13. JesseJ

We are the knights....

SIR Lancelot Stop!. Who would the Bridge of Death must answer me these question three, ere the other side he see. Ask me the questions Bridgekeeper. I an not afraid! What is your Name? It is Sir Lancelot of Camelot. What is your Quest? To seek the Holy Grail. What is...
  14. JesseJ

Mugshots Discussion Thread

Attractive women who like fish. No more Atheism for me! :D
  15. JesseJ

How often do you re-vamp your tank deco?

Every time I do a water change my decor changes a bit. a rock moves from here to here, let's see how this looks for a while, and so forth. I don't do a full deliberate change unless I'm taking something out of the tank.
  16. JesseJ

aquaclear filter wont start up after black out.

I would jab the impellor with the end of the intake tube to start it up. schiejr - I never use an AC as the sole filter on a tank. I always run a Fluval or a Magnum with it.
  17. JesseJ

For Anyone Who Uses Salt-NaCl

Iodine is used as a disinfectant. The low concentration may not affect the fish but what would it do the the bacterial culture in the aquarium?
  18. JesseJ

sailfin pleco

Plecs are very hardy and will adapt to different temps. I keep mine at about 79 F and they seem happy.
  19. JesseJ

Sick Shary - Need HELP

Yes. Ich is a parasite that grows on the flesh of the fish. The increased heat will speed up it's life cycle and it will die sooner. There are also medications you can get or you could use aquarium salts. I would recommend buying a cheap 10 gallon tank to use as a hospital tank and keeping it at...
  20. JesseJ

lost all of my platy fry :(, now we have an empty 6gal eclipse

You could do that but I would keep the tank of to the side and use it as a hospital tank or wait for another group of fry and try again.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store